Sunday, November 27, 2011

Bottled Water or Water Dispenser? That is the Question

Most of us will consume bottled water for various practical or health reasons.

The bottled water industry has experienced massive growth over the last few years and the growth trend continues.

Water Dispenser

The impact of the bottled water industry on the environment, valuable resources, carbon emission and, in some cases, over economies and household budgets has become a concern. This can be supported by the many articles, blogs and publications on the subject.

Bottled Water or Water Dispenser? That is the Question

There is no denying the convenience and other advantages of bottled water. I am not advocating that we should stop consuming bottled water.

However, there are some practical alternatives which can reduce the environmental impact and costs to us.

Many of us will only consume bottled water and refuse to use other resources such as the tap water in our homes, offices and factories. This is understandable as we are weary of harmful chemicals, germs and other elements which can affect our health and well being.

I some countries, this can be justified but in many countries it is quite safe to consume tap water. However, many of us will not be convinced by this argument.

Does this mean that we should carry on consuming bottled water and do nothing to at least try and reduce the impact on the environment and address other issues?

If you are a dedicated consumer of bottled water, I am sure you would be happy to find a cheaper alternative and reduce your impact on the environment.

I have adopted such an alternative and it works very well for me. I found my solution practical, cost effective and very convenient at home and in the office.

I will keep using bottled water as I find it very convenient especially when travelling or eating out but I am glad I found an alternative for the home and office.

Bottled Water or Water Dispenser? That is the Question

Please visit my blog to read more about some of my views and the alternative I have adopted.

Copyright José Masson All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment